Services Offered by BGI Fitness
BGI offers a comprehensive variety of services for nearly any type of fitness equipment.
Go directly to our Service Inquiry Form.
|Angie's List in Indianapolis|
Begin A Service Call
1) Discuss your service needs by calling BGI Fitness Service during normal business hours:
BGI Fitness Service Department
Voice: 317-579-7933, ext 2
Toll-Free: 888-348-4244, ext 2
Mon-Fri 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- OR -
2) Submit your service request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BGI has the goal of responding no later than 72 hours after your contact.
Required information: BGI's staff will ask about your equipment's history of use, prior service incidents, & current symptoms. The serial number of the unit is often helpful for determining the exact specifications.
Rates for BGI Fitness Service
BGI Fitness provides both repair services and preventive maintenance services in the customer's home at the following rates:
- $70 per hour for on-site labor
- A travel charge based on the customer’s zip code (generally $45 for Marion and surrounding counties) will be charged for each round trip visit to the customer's place of business.
Click here to see travel charges based on the county in which you live.
- Some jobs require two people. For example, moving a home gym might require two people to work two hours. At $70 per hour, per person, that would be a $280 task (2 x $70 x 2).
- Normal freight is included in the price of parts but expedited freight costs will be approved by and billed to the customer.
Q: What is the warranty on BGI Fitness Services?
A: BGI Fitness repairs are warranted for 30 days from the date of completion of the repair. This warranty applies to the specific issue addressed during the repair.
Q: What constitutes a service 'job'?
A: Each piece of equipment repaired will constitute one job and each job will be billed upon completion on terms of cash, credit card or check at the conclusion of the repair. A job is completed only when the required parts are installed and the unit is functional (except for mass merchant equipment—see below).
Q: What do the technicians typically do on-site?
A: Most performance problems can be quickly diagnosed by BGI's expert technicians. Cleaning, lubrication, and proper adjustment often yield excellent results. If a special replacement part is needed, BGI will revisit the issue once the part is available for installation.
Q: Why are two people sometimes needed for a single job?
A: Sometimes, a two man team is the most cost-effective choice. Heavy items often require two people. Other assembly jobs require one person to hold the pieces as the other tightens nuts and bolts. It is better to have two people work for an hour rather than having a single person struggle by themselves for 3 hours.
Q: What brands can BGI service?
A: BGI services everything that BGI has ever sold, plus many other brands of fitness equipment that are sold through specialty stores. While there are exceptions, replacement parts are generally available.
Q: What about equipment that was not sold through a specialty store such as BGI?
A: Off-brand equipment has special challenges. Please refer to ' Service for Off-brands".
Service for Off-brands
BGI Fitness strives to provide quality, timely service for all brands of fitness equipment. However, we do have particular policies regarding the service of the following brands of fitness equipment: Weslo, Icon, Proform, Weider, Image, Lifestyler, Healthstyler and other brands that are purchased from mass merchants such as Sears, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
We have chosen to take this action because the above manufacturers are organized to work directly with the consumer as opposed to a specialty service provider such as BGI Fitness.
BGI Fitness is prepared to repair the above-mentioned equipment within the following guidelines:
- "In-home" service only. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept these brands of equipment for repair in our shops because of the inordinate amount of time it takes to secure parts.
- The customer must have the owner's manual with a parts list available at the time of the service appointment. Click here to learn more about Icon Fitness, the manufacturer of most mass merchant fitness equipment.
- The fee for an initial assessment is $70.00, plus travel, payable at the time of the assessment. This assessment fee can be used as a credit toward the purchase of new equipment at our retail locations within 60 days of payment if you decide that the investment in your current equipment is ill advised. Just present your paid service receipt to the salesperson.
- The customer is responsible for the ordering and purchasing of parts from the manufacturer.
- BGI Fitness will assist you in securing the contact phone number for parts, provided that manufacturer is still a going concern. We will also help you locate, to the best of our ability, the model and the serial numbers of your equipment.
- Upon the receipt of the needed parts, the customer will need to schedule a follow-up service call with BGI Fitness. This follow-up call will be billed at $70.00 per hour, plus travel, which is payable at the time of the service. Caution : Many times defective parts must be replaced to diagnose other defective parts. If additional service is needed, it will be billed at $70.00 per hour. However, no additional travel charges for customers within Marion and surrounding counties will be due. We cannot be held responsible if the manufacturer of your fitness equipment ships the wrong parts to you. In this instance, labor will still be charged for our visit.