Sales and Shipping Policies
In a nutshell.....
- Delivery - If you purchase a treadmill, elliptical, home gym, indoor cycle, or other large, complex piece of fitness equipment, you should have BGI Fitness deliver it. Our delivery crews are the best in the business. We'll put it right where you want it and make sure it's working perfectly. Our delivery coordinators will contact you by phone or email and arrange a delivery time that fits your schedule.
- Ground Shipping - Pretty much anything under 15 pounds is shippable. Orders over $199 qualify for free shipping - unless the order contains exceedingly heavy items, such as dumbbells.
- Store Pickup - All shippable items are also suitable for store pickup. In-store pickup is available on almost everything, but we strongly encourage you to have large, complex items delivered by our team (see #1 above). In-store pickup works well for items that are so dense that ground shipping is impractical (dumbbells, plate weight). You can choose in-store pickup while checking out.
- Online purchases - Delivery fees are not a part of the online purchase process. After you've placed an online order, a BGI team member will contact you to determine the delivery fees. (typically $100-$300 per unit) [fee schedule]
- But what about (insert special circumstance here)?? We're easy! Let's figure it out on the phone, over email, in a store, or by Morse Code if necessary. We'll find the best way to put the goods in your hands or in your home. Call 317-842-4140 and select option #1 to have a real person answer your questions.
Detailed descriptions follow below.
Fitness Equipment Delivery
- When our delivery team has finished with your equipment, it will be completely assembled, in place and ready to use.
- Unlike many other retailers, the BGI Fitness crew will arrive within +/- 15 minutes of your scheduled time. In case of an emergency you will receive a call if we will be unable to meet this goal.
- Why professional delivery matters: Bulky and heavy items can be a challenge to maneuver through the intended installation site. Electronic items require special care. Almost all fitness products have become highly technical in nature. To insure hassle-free, smooth operation of your equipment and a long lifespan, professional delivery is highly recommended.
- BGI Fitness will deliver to any Indiana address. Click here to see the fees for equipment assembly, setup and travel (by county)
- There is no additional travel fee for deliveries in Marion county or any of the bordering counties.
- If your equipment is in stock, the BGI Fitness Service Center will contact you on the first business day following your purchase to schedule a mutually agreeable time for delivery and setup. If you are unreachable at that time, the Fitness Service Center will keep trying.
- If your equipment needs to be ordered, the BGI Fitness Service Center will contact you upon the arrival of the equipment to schedule a mutually agreeable time for delivery and setup.
- We are committed to delivering your purchase within 5 business days of purchase.
- We attempt to do as much assembly as possible before delivery, but in some instances, we will have to complete the assembly at the delivery site. Most notably, strength training equipment is often too large to fit through doorways unless partially disassembled.
- BGI Fitness recommends that large, complex items such as treadmills be delivered, but we will accommodate you if you prefer to pick-up your equipment.
- Treadmills, ellipticals, gyms, and other large items can be picked-up by customers, but those pick-ups must occur at BGI's warehouse. (not at retail stores) All other items can be picked up at the retail stores.
- All pickup items will be in their original packaging. You will be responsible for all unpacking and assembly.
- Picked-up equipment carries the full manufacturer's warranty, but damage from transport or improper assembly is not covered.
- Please make sure you have a suitable vehicle--some of the boxes are quite large and heavy.
- Most equipment requires advance notice for pickup. Please contact your preferred store to arrange a time.
- Most orders received before 11am will be ready by 4:00 pm the same day. (Monday through Friday). Orders at other times can often be ready the same day if you would kindly alert us by phone (317-842-4140 x1). Orders requesting in-store pickup need to be picked up within 10 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged.
- If you place your order online, a BGI team member will contact you and work out the particulars.
Occasionally, some items are unexpectedly out of stock or unavailable. If this should occur, we will only bill your credit card for merchandise that is actually shipped. If your order is split into multiple shipments / deliveries, the shipping / delivery charges will not increase.
Pricing and special circumstances
We're flexible! In the age of e-commerce, there's a tendency to try to make every transaction fit a predefined process. We prefer to have actual conversations with each of our customers and then figure out the best process for each circumstance. We could put a 2,000 word FAQ on this website, but we'd prefer to hear from you. Call 317-842-4140, option 1, or go here to contact BGI Fitness
We make every effort to maintain current, accurate prices in our on-line catalog. And we strive for similar accuracy and timeliness with the other information we offer here. We appreciate your understanding should any of the prices or other information provided be incorrect. We regret any inconvenience such mistakes may create. Please bring any errors to our attention on your next visit, or by calling, or by e-mail. Thank you.
30-day Return Policy
To ensure your satisfaction, BGI will accept returns within 30 days of purchase. Fitness equipment will be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 10%. Restocking fees may apply depending on the condition of the item. Store credit may be offered in certain situations, such as clearance items, or if the original payment type cannot be used.
One Year Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty
- Through a combination of each manufacturer's warranty and BGI's warranty, the costs of parts, travel, and in-home labor are fully covered for the first year you own your equipment.
- This warranty applies to major pieces of serialized fitness equipment which are not easily transported in the customer's vehicle. For example, in-home warranty service is not available for heart rate monitors or yoga balls.
- This warranty applies to repairs but not to maintenance. A good example of routine maintenance is the treadmill lubrication. Depending on usage, such lubrication should be performed every 6-months to one-year.
- This warranty does not apply to any abuse or accidental occurrences that are not due to manufacturer's defects.
- Most manufacturers' warranties exceed one year but the specifics of those warranties vary. Ask BGI personnel for details.